If you are introducing land, air, and water – or if your kids are learning about animals that live in on the land, in the air, and in the water – I’m happy to announce that I have created a printable set of Montessori Land, Air, and Water Animals Sorting Cards.
Note: You can find more Montessori geography activities on my Geography Unit Study page.
Following Montessori principles, these Land, Air, and Water Animals Sorting Cards feature real photographs of actual animals that live either on land, in the air, or in the water.
My Land, Air, and Water Animals Sorting Cards feature the following animals:
6 animals that live on land
6 animals that live in the air
- monarch butterfly
6 animals that live in water
- sea otter
- sea star
To use this printable, simply print and cut out the three label cards and the 18 animal picture cards. I recommend printing on cardstock and/or laminating with an inexpensive home laminator for durability.
Have your child sort the animal pictures into groups under the appropriate category label as shown below.
Want a copy of my Land, Air, and Water Animals Sorting Cards?
Add this product to your cart by clicking the button below!
If you like this printable, you may also be interested in my Land, Air, and Water Transportation sorting cards too!
More geography resources
More geography posts from Gift of Curiosity:
- Animals and their Continents Montessori geography activity
- Books about maps and globes
- Montessori mapping activities
- Montessori directionality activities
- How to make a working compass
- Introduction to land, air, and water
- Montessori continents activities
- Teaching the continents by making a globe
- Montessori landform activities
- Montessori continents and world map printables