This post may contain affiliate ads at no cost to you. See my disclosures for more information.
This is a super simple, super cute idea for decorating your Halloween pumpkins this year – turn them into mummies!
With just a few supplies, kids can make adorable mummy pumpkins to decorate the front porch this Halloween.
Note: For more kid-friendly Halloween activities, see my Halloween activities for Kids page.
To make mummy pumpkins you need the following supplies:
- A pumpkin
- A roll of gauze (look for a roll that is 2″ in width)
- Glue and/or tape
- Googly eyes (not pictured, optional)
My kids were game to create their own mummy pumpkins. XGirl started by sticking on some googly eyes.
Then she wrapped the gauze around and around her pumpkin to create a mummy effect
And this is how the kids’ mummy pumpkins turned out.
These adorable pumpkins are getting a prime spot on our front porch for Halloween.
More Halloween resources
More Halloween posts from Gift of Curiosity:
- Books about Halloween
- Mason jar jack-o-lantern
- Candy experiments
- Halloween Montessori activities
- Toilet paper mummies
- Pumpkin decomposition experiment
- Describe a pumpkin using all five senses
- Jack-o-lantern Printables Pack
- Halloween Bingo
- Halloween do-a-dot printables
- Halloween Sudoku
- Pumpkin outlines