Fall is a great time to use corn in your learning activities. If your little ones are still building their fine motor skills, you’ll find eight corn fine motor activities below to try out this fall.
Note: For more corn activities, see my Corn Unit Study page.
Who knew there were so many versatile ways to use corn for developing children’s fine motor skills? Check out the great corn fine motor activities below. Some of the activities are ones I did with my own kids, and some are ones I’m sharing from other creative bloggers.
1. Indian corn fine motor activity and sensory bag from Fantastic Fun and Learning
2. Stripping the kernels from the corn cob from Gift of Curiosity
3. Indian corn mosaics from Kitchen Floor Crafts
4. Pouring corn kernels from Gift of Curiosity
5. Shucking corn from Gift of Curiosity
6. Tweezing corn on the cob from Best Toys 4 Toddlers
7. Corn silk fine motor and sensory play from Coffee Cups and Crayons
8. Scooping corn kernels with a spoon from Gift of Curiosity
More corn resources
More corn posts from Gift of Curiosity:
- Books about corn
- Montessori activities to learn about the parts of corn
- How to make corn husk dolls
- Math activities with corn kernels
- Sprouting Indian corn
- Indian corn popcorn in the microwave
- Simple corn crafts for kids