This mummy lantern craft is super cute but also super simple to make. My kids (ages 7 and 8) loved making these mummies, but even toddlers can successfully make a mason jar mummy lantern. Pop a small light source inside and these will look wonderful on your front porch or windowsill this Halloween!
Note: For more kid-friendly Halloween activities, see my Halloween activities for Kids page.
To make a mummy lantern, you will need the following materials:
- An empty glass jar
- A roll of first aid gauze (I prefer 2″ wide gauze for this craft)
- Googly eyes
- Tape or other adhesive
- Light source to place in the jar (I like battery operated tea lights)
- Optional: scissors to cut the gauze if needed
Start by wrapping the gauze around your jar.
Use double sided tape or other adhesive to stick googly eyes on your mummy’s face.
Insert light source into the jar and then place your mummy lantern in a dark location for maximum effect.
Then enjoy for Halloween!
More Halloween resources
More Halloween posts from Gift of Curiosity:
- Grow a candy jack-o-lantern
- Flying teabag ghosts
- Mason jar jack-o-lantern
- Candy experiments
- Halloween Montessori activities
- Toilet paper mummies
- Pumpkin decomposition experiment
- Describe a pumpkin using all five senses
- Jack-o-lantern Printables Pack