This post may contain affiliate ads at no cost to you. See my disclosures for more information.
My kids are old enough now that they know all their body parts.
But these are the Human Body 3-Part Cards that I wish had been available to me when my kids were younger. Oh the fun games and activities we could have done with these cards!
If you’ve got toddlers or preschoolers learning their body parts, there are so many creative ways to use these cards to help them build and reinforce their knowledge. I share several ideas toward the end of the post for you to check out.
Note: You’ll find more resources for learning about the human body on my Human Body Unit Study page.
My Human Body 3-Part Cards include the following 27 images:
- Front of body
- Back of body
For each system there is a picture and label card, a picture-only card, and a label-only card.
There are many ways to use these cards to support your children’s interest and learning:
- Have your child match the picture-and-label cards to the picture-only cards to focus on the image for each body part.
- Have your child match the label cards to the picture-and-label cards to focus on the written word for each body part.
- Select a picture-and-label card. Have your child identify the body part in the card on their own body by pointing to it and naming it.
- Select a picture-and-label card. Have your child identify the body part in the card on a favorite doll by pointing to it and naming it.
- Have your child cut images from magazines that show the same body part as each card. If your child is ready, he or she can label the pictures they have cut out by copying the words on the picture-and-label cards.
- Lay out several picture-only or picture-and-label cards. Have your child select one body part, but they are not to tell you which one they have selected. You must ask yes/no questions to figure out which one your child is thinking of. For example, you might ask, “Do we have two of this body part?” “Do we use this body part to see?” “Is this body part above our waist?” Model for your child how each answer allows you to eliminate certain body parts from consideration by moving those cards to the side. After you have guessed which body part your child was thinking of, switch roles and have your child guess.
Want a copy of my Human Body 3-Part Cards?
Get it as part of the Human Body Printables Bundle.
Or get this product by clicking the button below.
More Human Body Learning Resources
More Human Body posts from Gift of Curiosity:
- Body Parts Bingo
- Human Body Activity Book
- Introducing the five senses
- Five senses printables
- Skeleton 3-Part Cards
You’ll find more resources for learning about the human body on my Human Body Pinterest board.
Leave a Comment