This post may contain affiliate ads at no cost to you. See my disclosures for more information.
Decorating the house for the holidays is something of a family tradition for us. We usually put up our tree and all our decorations the day after Thanksgiving. My kids love to help with putting the ornaments on the tree. And the most special ornaments are ones they have made in years past.
In this post I’m sharing 30 simple and beautiful Christmas ornaments that kids can make this holiday season.
Note: For more Christmas activities your kids will love, see my Christmas Activities for Kids page.
The fabulous Christmas ornaments featured below are all simple but beautiful crafts that kids can make to decorate the tree this year. Won’t your kids feel proud to have something they created adorning their Christmas tree this year?
Button star Christmas ornaments from Buggy and Buddy
Christmas tree salt dough ornament from Mommy’s Bundle
Pom pom ball Christmas ornament from Mom Inspired Life
Felt Christmas ornaments from One Creative Mommy
Milk cap holly ornaments from A Little Pinch of Perfect
Mitten Christmas ornament from Adventure in a Box
Cork craft reindeer ornament from Red Ted Art
Clothespin Christmas ornament from The Resourceful Mama
Craft stick and twigs Christmas tree ornaments from Easy Peasy and Fun
Cranberry play dough ornaments from Natural Beach Living
Cupcake liner Christmas ornament from Raising Little Superheroes
Embossed foil star ornament from Planet Smarty Pants
Melted crayon Christmas tree ornaments from Emma Owl
Melted pony bead ornaments from Danya Banya
Shrink film ornaments with kids drawings from Buggy and Buddy
Yarn wrapped Christmas ornament from Fantastic Fun and Learning
Handprint Santa Christmas ornament from Messy Little Monster
Sandpaper Christmas tree ornaments from Preschool Powol Packets
Orange pomander Christmas ornaments from The Soccer Mom Blog
Toilet paper roll Christmas tree ornament from The Resourceful Mama
Pipe cleaner wreath Christmas ornament from School Time Snippets
Bubble wrap snowman snow globe from Crafty Kids at Home
Felt train ornament from Play Trains
Paper mache Christmas tree ornament from Buggy and Buddy
Yarn wrapped ornaments from The Inspired Treehouse
Beaded Christmas wreath ornaments from Red Ted Art
Handprint snowmen Christmas ornament from Simple Fun for Kids
Santa Claus ornament from One Creative Mommy
Gingerbread sun catcher ornament from Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
Photo ornament from Books and Giggles
Looking for more Christmas ornament ideas?
Maggy Woodley, the creative force behind Red Ted Art, has put together a fun Christmas ornaments ebook.
I have had a chance to take a sneak peak at this book, and here are some of my thoughts:
- I love how the ornaments are divided into three sections based age: preschoolers, school age children, and older children
- The majority of the crafts use inexpensive materials; many use every day items you probably already have on hand
- The layout of the book has each project on just one page, making it easy to print the directions for kids to use in a classroom
- Some of these ornaments would be perfect to make for a Christmas Craft Fair fundraiser (like the light up snowman ornament or the straw stars)
- I adore the edible ornament ideas. Kids will go crazy for them!
These projects have been “tried and tested,” and are some of the most popular ornaments at Red Ted Art.
The 35 page PDF can be purchased for just $7.99. So grab your copy from Red Ted Art today!
More Christmas resources
More Christmas crafts from Gift of Curiosity:
- Q-tip painted Christmas tree
- Paper plate reindeer craft
- Christmas tree ribbon craft
- Cinnamon Christmas ornaments
- DIY Christmas snow globes
- Sand-filled Christmas ornaments
- Fine motor Christmas craft
- Gingerbread man craft