Play dough is a great tool for developing kids’ fine motor skills as well as for engaging in sensory-rich play. Kids can use play dough in a creative and open-ended way and not even realize the benefits they are getting.
With this in mind, I have created a set of St. Patrick’s Day Play Dough Mats that I hope your children will enjoy.
Note: For more St. Patrick’s Day printables, see my St. Patrick’s Day Activities for Kids page.
To use my St. Patrick’s Day Play Dough Mats:
- Print the pages you wish to use
- Laminate the pages so the play dough will peel off easily. (We use this handy, inexpensive home laminator.) Alternately, you can insert the pages into plastic covers.
- Grab some play dough and let your kids get creative! (We use this gluten-free play dough.)
There are a total of seven play dough mats in this pack. Each inspires kids to try something new.
With the mat pictured below, for example, children are invited to create a beard for the leprechaun.
Here is one example of what kids can create. But of course, kids can decide to style their leprechaun beard any way they want.
Kids can also add some gold to the pot at the end of the rainbow. Forming “gold coins” from play dough provides little fingers with a great fine motor workout.
Here is a sneak peak at all 7 pages included in my St. Patrick’s Day Play Dough Mats printable:
Want a copy of my St. Patrick’s Day Play Dough Mats?
Get it as part of the St. Patrick’s Day Printables Bundle!
Or add just this product to your cart by clicking the button below!
More St. Patrick’s Day resources
St. Patrick’s Day posts from Gift of Curiosity:
- Magic leprechaun rocks
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables Pack
- St. Patrick’s Day Do-a-Dot Printables
- Build a 3D rainbow
- Color mixing rainbow challenge
- St. Patrick’s Day sensory bin