This post may contain affiliate ads at no cost to you. See my disclosures for more information.
This marbleized heart craft is not only a really fun art project, it can double as a Valentine decoration or card as well!
Note: For more Valentine crafts, see my Valentine Activities for Kids page.
To make this marbleized heart craft, I started by gathering the following materials:
- Trays to contain the mess
- Cardstock (or thick paper)
- Shaving cream (aka, shaving foam)
- Various colors of liquid watercolor paints (Ours are from Discount School Supply, but you can also find other brands on Amazon.)
- Kid-size craft gloves to protect my kids’ sensitive skin
My kids started by squirting a liberal amount of shaving cream onto their sheets of card stock.
Then my kids used their hands to spread the shaving cream so it covered the entire sheet of card stock.
Next, they dripped various colors of liquid watercolor paints onto the shaving cream.
They used a butter knife to spread and swirl the liquid watercolor paints into the shaving cream.
Once they have achieved the look they wanted with their paints, they used a squeegee to clear off all the shaving cream. What was left was a beautiful, marbled look.
We cut their marbleized paintings into hearts, making them into the perfect Valentine craft!
More Valentine’s Day learning resources
More Valentine posts from Gift of Curiosity:
- Valentine Montessori activities
- Valentine sensory bin
- Heart suncatcher
- Find the hearts Valentine’s sensory bin
- Books about Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Printables Pack
- Valentine Bingo
- Valentine I Spy game
- Valentine Do-a-Dot Printables
Products mentioned in this post: