This post may contain affiliate ads at no cost to you. See my disclosures for more information.
My printable Apple Play Dough Mats combine one of fall’s most abundant fruits with sensory play, fine motor development, and number sense!
Download and print these colorful mats today to stimulate creativity and support children’s emerging understanding of numbers.
Note: For more apple learning resources, see my Apple Unit Study page.
To use my Apple Play Dough Mats:
- Print the pages you wish to use
- Laminate the pages so the play dough will peel off easily. (We use this handy, inexpensive home laminator.) Alternately, you can insert the pages into plastic covers.
- Grab some play dough and let your kids get creative! (We use this gluten-free play dough.)
There are a total of 12 play dough mats in this pack. The first two mats are designed to inspire creative sensory play and fine motor development.
Children are encouraged to put apples on the tree.
And they are invited to fill the basket with apples.
As they pinch and roll and press the play dough, children’s fine motor skills will get a nice workout.
The next 10 mats are focused on number sense. Each mat features a number from 1 to 10. On each mat, children can fill in the 10 frame, put the correct number of apples on the tree, and even write the numeral.
Want a copy of my Apple Play Dough Mats?
Get it as part of the Apple Unit Study.
Or get it by clicking the button below.
More apple resources
More apple posts from Gift of Curiosity:
- Apple Unit Study
- Apple Printables Pack
- Apple Do-a-Dot Printables
- Apple taste testing
- Apple rotting experiment
- Dissecting an apple
- Apple sensory bin
- Apple Montessori activities