Research has repeatedly shown that kids learn best through play. This is because play is typically self-directed, meaningful to the child, and engaged in at an appropriate developmental level.
The book features more than 150 play-based activities and ideas for helping babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners learn and thrive! It was created through the collaborative efforts of 94 talented authors from the Kid Blogger Network.
The 150+ play-based activities and ideas in this book are broken down into the following sections:
- General play / arts & crafts / activities
- Early childhood education
- Life skills
- Organization and set up of play / reading / explore areas
- Seasonal/holiday activities for Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Fourth of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year.
Types of Activities
The activities in this book include:
- fine motor skills
- sensory play
- DIY toys
- play recipes for making doughs, slimes, etc.
- busy bag ideas
- imagination play
- color learning
- life skills
- play area organization
- and more!
Who is this book for?
Learn with Play includes activities for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners.