Air Pressure STEM Pack
- Instructions for 8 hands-on activities that build upon each other to develop students’ understanding of air pressure
- Activities feature teacher instructions, the science behind the activity, and student worksheets
- Includes a fun trivia game (with answer key)
- Includes a student quiz (with answer key) to assess students understanding of air pressure
- Includes additional resources and background information for teaching about air pressure
- Instant digital downloads product in PDF format
More About This Resource
If you have any difficulties downloading or printing this file, please see my PDF troubleshooting page.
This Air Pressure STEM Pack is chock full of hands-on science activities to teach kids all about air pressure! Blow kids’ minds with the floating ping pong ball or watch them laugh with delight while making their own drink dispensers
This pack features:
- Complete instructions – including teacher instructions, the science behind the activity, student instructions where applicable, and student worksheets – for eight different activities related to air pressure.
- How Strong is Air?
- Can You Blow Up the Balloon?
- Pin in a Bottle
- Can I Get a Drink?
- Rising Waters
- DIY Barometer
- Tricky Bottle
- The Floating Ping Pong Ball
- After completing the activities in this pack, students will:
- understand that air has weight
- understand that air exerts a force called pressure on everything it touches
- understand how we measure air pressure
- be able to identify and explain how factors such as air temperature and air movement relate to changes in air pressure
- This pack includes a background information section about air pressure for the teacher as well as a list of books and videos about air pressure to accompany your air pressure lessons.
- Students will get a kick out of the trivia activity, where they will learn fun facts such as the fact that the air in a typical school gymnasium weighs as much as an elephant.
The hands-on activities in the Air Pressure STEM Pack will be enjoyed by children from kindergarten through middle school. However, the student worksheets, trivia questions, and quiz in this pack are geared toward upper elementary and early middle school students.