Today I’m sharing a simple and adorable heart suncatcher craft your kids can make for Valentine’s Day.
For more Valentine crafts and learning activities, see my Valentine Activities for Kids page.
To make these cute heart suncatchers, you will need the following materials:
- Liquid watercolor paint
- Plastic dropper
- Coffee filters
- Container to hold liquid watercolor paint
- Optional: tray to contain mess
- Optional: paper towels to put under coffee filters
For our heart suncatchers, we chose to use liquid watercolor paint in several colors in the pink and purple color range.
My kids used a plastic dropper to drip the paint onto their coffee filter. It’s fun to watch the paint spread out across the filter and mix with the other colors around it.
We let the paint dry. Then we folded the filters in half to cut half a heart. By opening the coffee filter after cutting, we had a perfectly symmetrical heart cut out.
We then hung our heart suncatchers from our back window to catch the afternoon sun.
More Valentine’s Day learning resources
More Valentine posts from Gift of Curiosity:
- Valentine Montessori activities
- Valentine sensory bin
- Heart suncatcher
- Marbleized hearts
- Find the hearts Valentine’s sensory bin
- Books about Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Printables Pack
- Valentine Bingo
- Valentine I Spy game
- Valentine Do-a-Dot Printables