With the approach of apple season, parents and teachers everywhere are dusting off copies of Ten Apples Up on Top by Theo LeSieg, aka Dr. Seuss. This book is a fall classic written in typical Dr. Seuss style. It features animals attempting to outdo each other by balancing more and more apples on their heads.
Lots of creative bloggers have shared fun extension activities to do with Ten Apples Up on Top. From math games to crafts to sensory bins and more, you will find some great ideas for using this book as the starting point for some great learning. These are wonderful activities to do during an apple unit study!
So without further adieu, I present 10 extension activities for Ten Apples Up on Top!
1. Ten Apples Up on Top counting activity from Mom Inspired Life
2. Ten Apples Up on Top Counting Activity from Teaching Mama
3. Ten Apples Up on Top math game from Mama.Papa.Bubba.
4. Ten Apples Up on Top counting and stacking activity from Cutting Tiny Bites
5. Ten Apples Up on Top playdough activity from Buggy and Buddy
6. Ten Apples Up on Top relay race from Homegrown Friends
7. Ten Apples Up on Top onomatopoeia art activity from School Time Snippets
8. Ten Apples Up on Top sensory bin play from Little Bins for Little Hands
9. Ten Apples Up on Top preschool unit with crafts and activities from Toddler Approved
10. Ten Apples Up on Top balancing game from Kitchen Counter Chronicles
More apple resources
More apple posts from Gift of Curiosity:
- Apple Unit Study
- Apple Printables Pack
- Apple Do-a-Dot Printables
- Apple taste testing
- Apple rotting experiment
- Dissecting an apple
- Apple sensory bin
- Apple Montessori activities
Products mentioned in this post: