During our weather unit, we decided to spend some time learning about extreme weather conditions. So of course we decided to make a tornado in a bottle.
Making a tornado in a bottle is an easy and effective way to show kids the twisty way that tornadoes move across land.
To make a tornado, you then simply need to turn the bottles over and give them a little circular shake.
Watch this short video to see how our tornado worked out.
More weather resources
More weather posts from Gift of Curiosity:
- Books about the weather
- Weather 3-part cards
- DIY weather station
- Water cycle demonstration
- Two ways to make a cloud in a jar
- Cloud classification activities
- Cloud classification craft
- Make it rain in a jar
- DIY weather vane
- Wind resistance experiment
- How do hurricanes form?
- Make a hurricane
- Printable weather Bingo game
- Printable weather I Spy game